Oatey 14209 Mystic Rainwater Collection System: A Review
The need to collect water for all sorts of reasons, whether it be for survival or conservation, is important. Today you can use the Oatey 14209 Mystic Rainwater Collection System to help you out with capturing water so it will be easier for your home to gather rainwater for later use. It can help you with getting your rain collected properly without being too hard to handle in any use.
Oatey Mystic Rainwater Collection System
The Oatey 14209 Mystic Rainwater Collection System is a unique material that can link up to the downspout on your home’s gutter system. This works with a simple design that is easy to set up and can work accordingly to make it easier for rain to be gathered without being too hard to handle:
- It works with a design that can be added in the middle of a downspout. The top and bottom parts are designed to help you with linking it up to that downspout.
- There is a hose attached to the collection system to help move the water out to a rain barrel. This is right in the middle of the device and will move the water that comes through out into a barrel.
- The bottom part will have a closed-off floor surface to ensure that the water will actually move through the hose. This uses a slanted surface as well to make it easier for the water to move along.
The key is that it is used to move water into a rain barrel. This will allow you to store a good amount of water depending on what you are using. As a result, you will have plenty of water to work with for all sorts of purposes.
The water can be used for purification and drinking purposes when cleaned out properly. In addition, this can be used for general watering needs as you can use this for garden and lawn maintenance.
The best part is that this works with water that comes from a natural source. You don’t have to worry about using more water from a plumbing system or adding any further expenses to your water bill when this is used properly.
How it's Set Up
The Oatey system uses a four-foot hi-flo hose. This will move out to a barrel or other compound that you can use for storing water. This can even link up to an extended hose if necessary.
The hose system has a consistent look that is easy to set up in many spots. It should fit most barrels and other typical surfaces properly. You can especially get this to link up to a filtration system if needed so you can ensure that the rainwater will be cleaned out and safe to use. Of course, you would have to make sure such a system can work consistently so it will not be much of an issue.
The Physical Body
The physical body of the Oatey system helps with making it easier for the collection system to fit on a proper surface. This uses a UV-resistant body that will handle all sorts of outside weather conditions and lights without wearing out. You can even paint this in any color you want so it can match up with the rest of the downspout.
Polyurethane is also used to help with getting the surface prepared. Polyurethane is used to help with keeping the shape of the collector intact. This is also light in weight.
It won’t take much time for you to get it installed into a proper surface. This will fit most 2x3-inch downspouts that are typically used in residential properties.
The product is a little more than three ounces in weight as well. Therefore, it will not create any more pressure onto the downspout than necessary.
The design is made to be sturdy and will not crack apart or wear out easily. When used carefully, it adds a comfortable look that is easy to handle and won’t wear out all that quickly. This can certainly add something appealing for use when getting an addition added to your home.
How Easy is Installation?
The installation process for the Oatey collection system is very easy to follow. It takes about five minutes on average for this to be added. It can work with a few bolts if you desire as a means of keeping it intact and secure.
Of course, you will have to cut a part of the downspout off so it can fit onto the bottom. It should not take much time for you to do this though as it can quickly fit in well to create a better look at your home.
Pros & Cons
- This is a well-designed product that is easy to add to a typical downspout
- You can paint this to make it fit in with the rest of your home
- The hose is very strong and will handle all kinds of flows
- The hose is also flexible enough to move into many spots and can link up with all sorts of barrels
- You will have to use a few outside tools as a means of helping you to install this. These include a material to cut the downspout with and even some bolts to keep this intact
- This does not come with its own filtration system. You will have to check your rain barrel to see that it can actually filter out whatever you are taking in
You can use the Oatey 14209 Mystic Rainwater collection System to help you with collecting water the right way and with an effective setup that is easy to follow. Be sure to consider this when finding a choice when it comes to getting more out of your rainwater collection demands.
It is an essential product that will provide your space with the rainwater that it needs for watering and survival purposes and can especially work quickly to create a better setup for when you are trying to get water for any purpose.
Enter your text here...